You Know You Grew Up In The 80's or Early 90's If:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word... SIKE 2. You watched the Pound Puppies. 3. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Belair
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a
club of your own.
6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that .."WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
8. Two words: Hammer Pants
9. If you ever watched Fraggle Rock
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars.... and spokey-dokes or
playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect..
11. You can sing the entire theme song to DuckTales (Woo ooh!)
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen...and still know the turtles names.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game MASH ... (Mansion,Apartment,Shelter,House)
18.You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to JEM in Kindergarten. (She's truly outrageous.)
21. You remember reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and all the Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of WAX ON, WAX OFF
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing.
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell
off and his cheeks shifted. (And he was really black!)
26.You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail kids in the schoolyard.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are,
but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously ! injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
41. You've gone through this nodding your head inagreement.
42.You remember Popples.
43. "Don't worry, be happy!"
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down
46. You remember boom boxes. . and walking around with one on your shoulder
like you were all that.
47. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
48. You know what it meant to say Care Bear Stare!!
49. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and My Little Pony Tales
50. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool.. and don't even
flinch when people refer to them as NKOTB
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on Saved By The Bell, The ORIGINAL class.
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
55. You just sang those words to yourself.
56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
57. Homemade Levi shorts...
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet!
60. You still sing "We are the World"
61. You tight rolled your jeans.
62. You owned a banana clip.
63. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
64. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis!"
65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it. (The bigger the better!)
66. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!!!
PASS THIS ON TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS WHO GREW UP IN THE 80s or early 90s!!!
Thursday, April 21, 2005
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
This will put a smile on your face.
Close your eyes...And go back...
Before the Internet or the MAC
Before semi automatics and crack
Before SEGA or Super Nintendo...
I'm talkin' bout hide and go seek at dusk.
Red light, Green light.
Playing kickball & dodgeball until your porch light came on.
Mother May I?
Running through the sprinkler
Watchin' Saturday Morning cartoons
Fat Albert, Road Runner, Smurfs, Picture Pages, G-Force & He-Man
Wonder Woman & Super Man Underoos
Playing Dukes of Hazard
Catchin' lightning bugs in a jar
Your first day of school
Bedtime Prayers and Goodnight Kisses
Getting an Ice Cream off the Ice Cream Truck
A million mosquito bites and sticky fingers
Jumpin' down the steps
Jumpin' on the bed
Runnin' till you were out of breath
Laughing so hard that your stomach hurt
Being tired from playin'
Your first crush...
Rainy days at school meant playing "Heads up 7UP" in the classroom
I'm not finished yet...
Kool-Aid was the drink of the summer
Giving your friends a ride on your handlebars
Wearing your new shoes on the first day of school
Class Field Trips
When nearly everyone's mom was at home when the kids got there.
When a quarter seemed like a fair allowance, and another quarter a
When any parent could discipline any kid, or feed him or use him to
Groceries, and nobody, not even the kid, thought a thing of it.
When your parents took you to McDonalds and you were so cool.
When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to
the fate that awaited a misbehaving student at home.
Basically, we were in fear for our lives but it wasn't because of
drive by shootings, drugs, gangs, etc. Our parents and grandparents were
much bigger threat! And some of us are still afraid of em!
Didn't that feel good, just to go back and say, "Yeah, I remember that!"
I want to go back to the time when...
Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-mo"
Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, "do over!"
"Race issue" meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in "monopoly"
Catching fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening
It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends.
Being old, referred to anyone over 20.
The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was cooties.
Nobody was prettier than Mom
Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better
It was a big deal to finally be tall enough to ride the "big people" rides
at the amusement
Getting a foot of snow was a dream come true.
Abilities were discovered because of a "double-dog-dare"
Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for giggles.
The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team.
Water balloons were the ultimate, ultimate weapon.
Older siblings were the worst tormentors, but also the fiercest
If you can remember most or all of these, then you have LIVED!!!
Pass this on to anyone who may need a break from their "grown up"
I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!!!!!!