Saturday, September 29, 2012

#FirstWorldProblem

I broke my phone. It died prematurely and I blame the black top. Yes it was a smartphone. No not an iPhone or even an Android. It was a Windows Phone. It wasn't the best model as it was one of the first to come out, but I loved it.



But then I dropped it. And it was FINE... until I pushed the power button to kick on the screen. I used it and it was fine, but somehow the power button broke.. and now I can't use my phone. :( Of course I could go pick up a new phone. I was well beyond my contract period for it but I have been anxiously waiting for this one: 

Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone with PureView Camera - Nokia  <--link a="a" p="p" to="to" video="video">
The camera on this looks phenomenal and seeing as how my phone is my primary camera, a good camera is essential for my next phone. While I would probably be happy with the next model down- except that it doesn't have as much storage as I would like, and the camera isn't as good, this one.. is my goal! Only thing is, is that it's not available yet. Windows phone will be upgrading the operating system this quarter, and official dates and prices are not available yet, so I want to wait. Until then I am using my husbands old phone (he recently upgraded) and I am grateful, but I am not a fan of it. It's an Android- Samsung Galaxy S. I think if I chose to switch operating systems on my own my attitude would be different, but it's not and I'm almost tempted to just get a new phone now the Lumia 900.. which is cheap right now... and will still be supported after the upgrade...

I can't decide what to do



4 comments:

  1. Sorry about your phone! You should have a funeral for it- Hope you don't lose pics on the internal memory! At least you have one to use, n know what you're aiming for with the next.
    You're asking me? I'd wait for the good one. But would hate not having a cam in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is that I had my phone set to automatically upload all pictures to Skydrive (online storage) so I didn't lose a single one! which is one reason why I didn't freak the f--- out. The phone I am using has a camera but i don't like the setup of the phone... sad panda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you get a new phone yet? or are you waiting???

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh.. I'm still waiting. Rumor has it that pre-order are starting on the 21st-next week... Only I know it'll be more than I'd like to spend because it'll be new.. while the current model is totally fine, the hardware on the new model are much better- like a bigger battery for one.

    ReplyDelete