Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stealth trip to the stomping grounds

I made a stealth trip to my old stomping grounds last weekend to do a Pampered Chef party at one of my oldest friends' parents house in the nearby town of Freetown. I didn't even bring the kids, or tell mom (it wasn't personal- I'll be back in a few weeks!) because the trip was going to be so quick Because it's a long enough drive I didn't want to do there and back in one day I surprised my nephews and watched them for my sis in exchange for free room and board for the night. Her friend stopped by and kept me company and when the sis got home we hung out til 1 or so playing goofy ringtones on our phones and relaxing. The next morning I talked my sis into going for a walk because it looked gorgeous out and I wanted to take pictures before I left just after lunch. Come to find out, the wind chill was brutal, so I took only 2 early in on our trek, and we looped around by my old school onto the main drag and back to the house where we promptly blew our noses because neither of us thought to bring tissues.. Team Blonde FTW! Anyway, here are a few pictures from my stay. They were all taken with my phone.

The view I saw every ding dong day growing up. It's also the view my mom still sees.

Do you see how the ocean has ICE? yeah it was *that* cold. Also when I was a kid I got a rash from swimming here

Showing my nephew a fun feature of my phone! moving photos!

We were practicing his math, and I taught him some old  "pager-talk" like: 07734 flip it upside down and it says "hello" he thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread

BIL and I played a game with the kids.  I think B was thinking here!

This was funny. J had the bright idea to "butt brawl" . You can't tell but they were  hitting each other with their butts
here they are being cute :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun trip! Lovely pictures...your nephew is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a fun trip, and I actually just got back last night from another visit! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete