Monday, December 12, 2011

A post about I don't really know, but wish I did

My first crush was pretty hunky. You may have heard of him. I think I was 8 or so when this one started. I may have watched Dirty Dancing about a zillion times because of him. You guess it. It was Patrick Swayze. Big surprise, huh? yeah me and about a million other girls… Why wouldn’t you want to dance with this man?? I recently watched the Havana Nights spin off movie, and I am probably not ashamed to say I throughly enjoyed the flick. I was sucked in right off the bat, and then, to what my wondering eyes should see? Patrick Swayze! I had totally forgotten that he had a small role in the film. It actually made me a little sad, now knowing that he has since passed away. Stupid cancer.. it always takes the good ones. 
As an adult I have moved forward.

Not only do I follow this one on Twitter but his tweets get sent to my phone. He’s pretty funny, and most definitely ’ruggedly handsome’ as his current character on ABC’s Castle reminds us of in many of the episodes. I first met him in this role. Malcolm Reynolds will always be my cap’n and I think I would’ve have a great time being a space cowboy in under his command. I had forgotten how young he was during this show as I currently watch his current series pretty religiously, whatever. I think the man has aged well and he has quite the following. It’s pathetic interesting to note that my favorite episode of Castle was during the first season. This made me all warm and fuzzy inside when I first saw this when it aired. Made me yearn to watch Firefly again. Which I think I may have done. My only regret is that I didn’t discover him sooner.






After watching Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium a while back I rediscovered Jason Bateman. He was popular in my age group back in the day and faded away, and all forgotten about. I’m a weirdo, and think he’s pretty hunky these days.
Don’t hate that I *loved* this movie. It is one of my favorites now.. this one also got me a little teary eyed at the end. I think it was supposed to. It was just a wee bit sad and then happy! He has also starred in Juno, and the popular Arrested Development. This show was pretty awesome. By the time I caught on about it, it was pretty much too late and they canned it. I love his hair, his voice and the characters he plays. He appears to be a pretty fun guy. But I could be totally wrong. I follow him on Twitter..
When I was a kid my mom had a thing for Robert Hays. I’m not sure this is actually true or not, but we sure did watch a lot of Starman when I was little. So much so that I have no problem recalling the name of the television show he was on. According to IMDB, it aired when I was 6 years old, and I have a knack for remembering weird shit. He was also know for his role in the Airplane movies. My favorite thing to mimic from that movie, is to pretend to have a drinking problem. Not many get the joke, and if you are reading this, and you don’t know, then you need to watch the movie. I’m not explaining. Tough noogies for you.
Some times I wonder if my mom had a thing for Robert Stack- seeing as how she used to watch all those episodes of unsolved mysteries, that I was too scared to watch. That man gave me nightmares! I really disliked it when she and my sister would tune in. His voice was super creepy to me, as a little very impressionable little girl. To this day I refuse to watch Clan of the Cave Bear. I remember watching it when I was 5 with mom, and I have been scarred for life… I was all excited to hear that Daryl Hannah, my favorite Mermaid was in this flick.. only she wasn’t a mermaid. How disappointing.
I’m not sure who my sister had a thing for growing up. Nor do I really know now. I should ask her. what about you? 

**originally posted Dec 3rd 2011 on my Tumblr

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post, n would've commented sooner-

    you brought back such good old days memories!
    Just watched my "Airplane" dvd again this week. Never get sick of the "Stayin' Alive" scene!
    No I never liked Robert Stack, just his voice! Note" he's in "Airplane" too! Wish I had "Dirty Dancing" to see again. Will soon see the Space Cowboys series n "Serenity" movie again.
    Long winter, basic cable, very few dvds, n miss vhs movie collection. Want to see LOR trilogy n Jurassic Park again! (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned already I really like this post? I keep coming back to read it again- so many fave actors here!
    I just finished watching the entire Firefly series again, ending with the Serenity movie- Just don't get sick of it! Or Airplane! either.
    When I see that Robt Stack pic I can hear his voice in my head. N Patrick- hope his spirit is dancing thru the clouds with pretty Angel girls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoy it. I do too. I think it's one of my favorite one posts myself. What should I write about next? I need some ideas

    ReplyDelete